E-NEWSLETTER SPRING 2020
SIAE PROJECTS AND EVENTS
- How to better coordinate guidance and validation of non-formal and informal learning
- Behind the curtain of the 20th anniversary celebration of the Project Learning for Young Adults programme
- Searching for meeting points
LIFELONG LEARNING WEEK
- COVID–19: Survey on ALE in times of lock-down – the case of Slovenia
- The International Prison Upskilling Project is coming to an end in 2020
- Competent to train Work Based Basic Skills – Profi-Train project pilot training
- We were visited by colleagues from Croatia, and Slovakia
- We were visited by colleagues from Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Report from the 6th PIAAC International Conference
- A new phase of the EAAL project
- Association of AEC of Slovenia (ZLUS) published a collection of scientific papers at the 60th anniversary of adult education centres in Slovenia
SLOVENIAN ADULT EDUCATION SCENE
- 60 Years of the Ljubljana Public Education Centre – Cene Štupar
- Assessing and validating soft skills
- They who do not know the past will have a hard time fully living the present and the future
- Successfully held Days of Pedagogy and Andragogy
- Partners and Slovenian U3A’s European projects awarded
- Competences acquired on my lifelong learning career path
Competences are crucial in finding a job. Developing them is the best investment in our future. Competences are usually divided into soft and hard skills. Novo mesto AEC is implementing the international SoftSkills4EU project
The Profi-Train international project focuses on professionalization and professional development of trainers who prepare and carry out educational programmes to develop basic skills of low educated employees. At the end of last year, the SIAE prepared a 3-day...
In early December, the was visited by nine Croatian colleagues from the Dante Adult Education Institution operating in Rijeka. The associates of the SIAE prepared the visit agenda,...
In mid-November, we welcomed a delegation from Bosnia and Herzegovina. We co-organised this visit with their DVV International Regional Office. 20 guests from six cantons, mainly representatives of different ministries, estimated that adult education in Slovenia was...
The representatives of the PIAAC Slovenia research team received valuable information from the representatives of those countries that have already used the Education & Skills Online Assessment tool for individual testing. This is of great importance for the central development activity of the project.
In 2003, UNESCO adopted the Convention for the Safeguarding of the Intangible Cultural Heritage. It should contribute to constant bettering its safeguarding, respect, awareness-raising of its importance, and providing international cooperation and assistance. The...
Changes in the labour market and in society, along with new personal circumstances, have a profound effect on one’s life. To facilitate coping with them, the project, called Guidance for employees,...
Behind the curtain of the 20th anniversary celebration of the Project Learning for Young Adults programme
On 19 December, a celebration was held in front of the packed Ljubljana Music and Ballet Conservatory, in honour of the 20th anniversary of the programme and the 25th anniversary of its...