E-NEWSLETTER SPRING 2023
SIAE PROJECTS AND EVENTS
- Together, we break through the circle of the convinced and spread the power and joy of learning
- We are entering the second phase of the Financial Literacy for Adults Project
- Encouraging results from EUROSTAT: Findings from the latest research on adult education participation
- Pedagogical-Andragogical Days 2023: Education for an Inclusive Community
- Green management challenges
- The Resolution on the Adult Education Master Plan for the Period 2022–2030 in a transparent printed and electronic publication
SLOVENIAN ADULT EDUCATION SCENE
- International cooperation and success story at Jesenice AEC
- The successful completion of Project GLAS
- Self-Directed Learning Centre in Novo mesto
International cooperation and success story at Jesenice AEC
The conclusion of 2022 was marked by an award – the fourth Apple of Quality for Jesenice . This time we received it for the Chain Experiment in Preschool project, which is characterised by two...
The Erasmus+ project Laceing at the Idrija Lace School lasted from 2020 to 2022. The project aimed to gain the international experience of educators in Idrija Lace School, learn about intercultural differences and improve their competencies in communication with...
Discovering the past for today and tomorrow or how the Counts of Celje unite the wider region
At the Celje Regional Museum, we have organised mobility in adult education as part of the Erasmus+ project. I invited two museums to participate, which promote the medieval period in connection with the Celje noble dynasty, the Counts of Celje: Veliki Tabor Castle in...
Self-Directed Learning Centre in Novo mesto
In August of this year, a woman named Lorenz from Hong Kong visited us at the Self-Directed Learning Centre in Novo mesto, wanting greater involvement in the local community. The clean air and abundant untouched nature amidst beautiful valleys, mountains and the sea...
The Resolution on the Adult Education Master Plan for the Period 2022–2030 in a transparent printed and electronic publication
In preparing the document, the working group considered the results of the PIAAC survey (2015–2018) and the recommendations of the OECD (2018).
Together, we break through the circle of the convinced and spread the power and joy of learning
I have been connected to the SIAE for more than 27 years. I still remember the beautiful and encouraging feelings that filled me when I first met my colleagues. There weren’t many of them, but they all impressed me with their eloquence and dedication to the SIAE’s mission.
We are entering the second phase of the Financial Literacy for Adults Project
We have completed the first phase of the development project Financial Literacy for Adults, in which we focused on financial literacy content. Namely, we discovered this is a newer area where definitions have not yet been standardised. Therefore, we analysed legal and...
Encouraging results from EUROSTAT: Findings from the latest research on adult education participation
However, the share of adults participating in organised educational activities has changed significantly, with the country achieving a record high of 18.9% in 2021.