This year, the SIAE and its partners organised the 17th Days of Guidance for Learning. We offered adults the opportunity for guidance on ALE. They were held at different locations throughout Slovenia at the same time – between 22 and 24 September.
Since 1 January 2021, guidance in ALE has been carried out as a public service. Therefore, we renamed the Days of Slovenian Guidance Centres into the Days of Guidance for Learning at the Meeting of counsellors for guidance on enrolment in education and continuation of education and for guidance on identification and documentation of knowledge and skills, held in April.
ISIO Centres and Self-Directed Learning Centres hosted events from all three areas of guidance in ALE:
- guidance on enrolment in education and continuation of education;
- guidance on identification and documentation of knowledge and skills;
- guidance on organised self-directed learning.
The contents of the events were:
- informing and promoting the possibility for enrolment of adults in formal and non-formal educational programmes and other forms of education – active participation of partners;
- promoting the possibility of guidance in the centres on the enrolment and continuation of education, on identifying and documenting knowledge and skills and on organised self-directed learning;
- promoting the possibility of co-financing education and training.
The three-day events were intended to increase the visibility of the ISIO Centres and Self-Directed Learning Centres in the local environment and present adults with the guidance and support offered by the centres in finding new pathways to knowledge.
During the Days, all the centres held various presentations and promotional stands in public places (city squares, streets, fairs, shopping malls, libraries, museums, etc.), where information was available to as many adults as possible. In addition, they prepared open doors days, workshops and lectures.
As part of the campaign, a Knowledge Day was held, intended for the guidance of employees’ learning. We organised it as part of the cooperation of the regional networks in the project of the Association of Free Trade Unions of Slovenia Strengthening Social Dialogue project (in Slovenian) – a collaboration of ISIO centres and regional units of the Association of Free Trade Unions of Slovenia.
For the second year in a row, the Days enriched LLW 2021 in the form of one of its joint actions. At the end of September, five ISIO Centres and Self-Directed Learning Centres presented their activities at the 20th Festival of the Third Age at Cankarjev dom in Ljubljana.
The year 2021 is especially solemn for the five ISIO Centres, celebrating the 20th anniversary of their operation. Namely, the centres of Maribor, Murska Sobota, Novo mesto, Žalec and Koper opened their doors in 2001.
Mateja Pečar (email@example.com), ACS